Rules & Regulations for Volleyball:
Strict rules will be followed in accordance to the USA Volleyball regulation (http://usavolleyball.org/resources/officials-rules).
The committee expects full cooperation from the team members and the coach. Violation of conduct/ sportsmanship may lead to disqualification of the team and fines on the team. Waiver forms need to be signed by all the players. UNA will not responsible for any damages and injuries inherent in the practice. Only Nepali Origin Players can play in the tournament. Group Level Games will be a League game and the Quarter Finals onwards will play in a Best of 3 Series (details later on best of Series depending upon the no of teams registered). Only one national player is allowed to participate in each team.
Number of Players:
- Minimum 6 and Maximum 10 players per team will be allowed.
- During the play, 6 players should always be in the court or the team shall be dismissed.
- The referee will toss for the first serve and the side of the court.
- The winner of the toss will choose either of the first options.
- A server must serve from behind the restraining line until after contact.
- A ball may be served underhand or overhand and must be clearly visible to opponents before serve.
- Serve must be returned by bump only & no setting or attacking allowed during a serve.
- Rally scoring will be used.
- There will be a point scored on every score of the ball.
- The offense will score on a defender miss or out of bounds hit.
- The defense will score on an offensive miss, out of bounds hit, or service into the net.
- In order to win a set, the team must first score 25 points with a minimum lead of two points.
- When the receiving team has gained the right to serve, its players rotate one position clockwise:
– the player in position 2 rotates to position 1 to serve,
– the player in position 1 rotates to position 6, etc
PLAYING THE GAME (VOLLEY):
- Each team will be allowed a maximum of three hits per side.
- A block is not considered a hit.
- A ball may be played off the net during a volley and on serve.
- A ball touching a boundary line is considered good.
- A legal hit is contacted with the ball by a player body above and including the waist which does not allow the ball to visibly come to a rest.
- If two or more players contact the ball simultaneously, it is considered one play and the players involved may not participate in the next play.
- A player must not block or attack a serve. Switching positions will be allowed only between front line players (After the server only).
Time Out & Substitution:
- Each team is entitled to request a maximum of two timeouts and six player substitutions per set.
BASIC VIOLATIONS to Avoid:
- Stepping on or over the line on a serve.
- The player may not hit the ball twice in succession.
- Failure to serve the ball over the net successfully and hitting the ball illegally (Carrying, Palming & Throwing) is a violation.
- Touching of the net with any part of the body during the play except:
– If the ball is driven into the net with such force that it causes the net to contact an opposing player, no foul will be called, and the ball shall continue to be in play.
- Reaching over/under the net, except under these conditions:
– Executing a follow-through blocking a ball which is in the opponent’s court but is being returned (the blocker must not contact the ball until after the opponent who is attempting to return the ball makes contact) except to block the third play.
- Failure to serve in the correct order.
- A complete name of 10 players is required during the registration. .
- Teams are required to come to the venue 45 minutes before the game. Team captains must check-in to the Information desk at the field 30 minutes before the game and the captains must indicate their jersey colors to the representative at the information desk. If the two teams have the same color, a toss would be done in order to change the jerseys.
- Every team is required to bring two sets of jerseys to the tournament.
- Teams not showing up after 10 minutes of the proposed start-time will automatically forfeit.
- Any team will be disqualified in case of fights or other misbehaviors. The Organizing Committee will have the final decision in such a case.
Teams will be disqualified in case of violent act or misbehavior to or within the tournament including the entire organizing team, referee and other teams.
Only Nepalese origin players will be allowed to participate. In Case of protest against any such forbidden participation, the team will be required to provide supporting documents as requested by the organizing committee.
Management decision will be the Final Decision. UNA has the right to make changes if needed.